I still can’t believe Thanksgiving is almost here! I am helping with both of my kids’ Thanksgiving feasts at school. I love bringing fun and healthy ideas into the classroom, and watching the kids fully embrace healthy foods. My kids and their classmates certainly did at our recent Halloween/Harvest Fest at school. We made these adorable Veggie Skeletons and talked about how many veggies we need each day to stay healthy. It was a big hit, and the veggies were devoured! I even had a few kids try some new foods.
I wanted to do something different for their parties. I have 2-3 ideas I am working on and just had to share this one because it’s so simple! Plus, it comes with Pop for Thanks printables! This idea is not a new one, but the printables are. It’s quick, easy, and portion controlled with lightly salted popcorn. Isn’t this bushel just ‘popping’ with fun?!
- Popped popcorn, 1 cup per person
- Clear plastic Sandwich Bags
- Lime Green Tissue Paper
- Kelly Green Tissue Paper
- Rafetta or Twine
- Hole Puncher
- Free Printables
- Pop and lightly salt your popcorn. Have enough for one heaping cup of popcorn.
- Set aside.
- Cut tissue paper into 12x10 (12 inches wide x 10 inches tall) rectangles. You will need one lime and one kelly green sheet per cob.
- Cut rafetta or twine 8 inches in length. You will need 2 per cob.
- Print and cut out 'Popping' with Thankfulness labels. Hole punch in the top center.
- Place one heaping cup of popcorn in a plastic bag. Let the air out as you seal it.
- Fold the bag over and place in the middle of a stacked lime and kelly green sheets of tissue paper.
- Fold the top and bottom of the tissue in about 2 inches.
- Carefully, gather the ends and tie with the rafetta or twine.
- Add a tag to one end.
- Cut off excess ends of twine or rafetta.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! Thanks for ‘popping’ by! I am thankful for friends like you! Don’t forget your FREE popforthanksprintables!