Do you want to know one of my favorite things besides chocolate? Super easy recipes you can make in a pinch rank high on my list, like this 3 ingredient recipe using chocolate. Jennifer Shea Rawn, MS, MPH, RD, is a health and nutrition expert who supplied us with this delicious recipe. With Valentine’s Day on the horizon, you can make these in a snap. Giving the gift of chocolate may benefit your health when eaten in moderation. As little as 1 ounce a day may be cardioprotective. One study showed increases in HDL or good cholesterol within 3 weeks by eating dark chocolate & a 24% increase after 12 weeks.
- 1 container Baker’s Dipping Chocolate – dark or milk (there is more than enough chocolate to coat 20 caramels, so put the rest in the fridge for next time)
- 1/3 of a 14oz bag Kraft Caramels (20 caramels)
- Chocolate covered sunflower seeds, dark chocolate pomegranate seeds or colored sugar for decoration
- Unwrap the plastic on 20 caramels. Put the caramels in a microwave safe bowl, heat for 30 – 40 seconds until caramels are slightly soft but NOT melted (or else you will have a sticky mess). Roll each caramel into a ball and placed onto wax paper. Next, melt the Baker’s chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each 30 seconds until smooth.
- Drop each caramel into the chocolate and remove with a fork, tapping the fork on the side of the container to remove excess chocolate. Place onto wax paper.
- Top with desired toppings then let sit for at least 30 minutes. If you refrigerate, don’t eat straight out of the fridge as the caramels will be very hard. Instead let sit at room temperature.