This incredible spring weather has me in the mood for salad, but not just any salad. I have a bit of an obsession with Asian food. I was drooling over Honey Sesame Chicken over at Damn Delicious and thought this would be the perfect salad to go with it. This is great dish to feed your guests or bring to a neighbor as a surprise!
The shopping list for this is so easy: an English cucumber, grape tomatoes, red onion, coconut milk, cilantro, and rice vinegar. I found a new coconut milk that is geared toward using for recipes such as this. It comes in a cute little container that you keep in a fridge. It’s important to note this is a European brand. I love showing off new products that are convenient and keep me from buying a big container or wasting a whole can.
Getting back to delicious, this is a cut, chop, and dump recipe. This took me less than 15 minutes. It’s a bonus that it’s healthy and quick to get on the table.
- 1 English Cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 heaping tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- Prep ingredients.
- Combine cucumber, red onion, tomatoes, and cilantro and gently toss.
- Add salt.
- Combine coconut milk and vinegar.
- Add to combined veggies and toss.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Serve with a smile!
What’s your favorite salad?