My kids are having their Thanksgiving feasts this week, and I also have 6 kids in my house this week. I actually dreamed this idea up the other day when I was waiting on my son to finish OT (Occupational Therapy). It was a huge hit this morning at my son’s feast at school. This will also be filled with healthy veggies for the kids’ table this Thanksgiving. It’s so easy and fun!
- Oblong planter with brown exterior (I got mine at a discount store in the gardening section)
- Dowel rod (at least 20 inches long)
- Glass that fits inside the planter
- Floral Foam
- 2 sheets of white cardstock
- Extra butcher paper or construction paper for water/waves
- Wash the inside of your planter with soap and water.
- Dry it out well.
- Add glass and cut floral foam to fit snuggly inside the glass.
- Insert dowel rod into the center of the floral foam.
- Place in the middle of the planter.
- Cover the top with a napkin or piece of paper cut to fit the glass.
- Place the cardstock on landscape, where it is wide.
- Using scissors, make a 1 inch slit, centered, 1 inch from the top and another 1 inch from the bottom.
- Slide the cardstock onto the dowel rod, making it look like sails.
- Fill the planter with fruits and/or veggies of choice.
- Place on blue paper in the center of the table.
- Use butcher paper to mimic water or use fresh blueberries around the bottom for an extra serving of fruit.
Do you need more fun and healthy ideas for kids?
Don’t miss these.