Can I tell you how happy I will be when 2016 comes to a close? It’s been a year of tons of change and challenges. I can’t think of a better way of of sending it on it’s way then with the final Recipe Redux theme. December’s theme is remaking a recipe by taking a combination of the numbers 2016 from a cookbook. I looked no further than my mom’s Betty Crocker cookbook on page 60 that had a fruit dip with pineapple. I chose to remake it to a cheesecake dip for the holiday season.
- 6 ounce container of plain Greek yogurt
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- Combine yogurt, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth, using a hand mixer or food processor..
- Place dip into a 1 cup serving dish.
- Place graham cracker crumbs in a matching dish.
- Serve with a plateful of strawberries or desired fruit, dipping fruit into cheesecake mixture then the graham cracker crumbs.