Fall is here and in full force in the food world! I love all the flavors fall has to offer, so I decided to put them in one bowl! The Recipe Redux theme this month is Plant Power Bowls. Getting your carbs, protein, and fat all in one bowl makes life a lot easier. Eating more plant based foods will make your body healthier.
What will help make your life even easier is that you buy ready to cook items in the produce section. The Brussels and Butternut Squash are both ready to go. You can bypass the food processor in my recipe and buy shaved Brussel Sprouts in a bag.
TIP: ALWAYS CHECK YOUR PRODUCE DEPARTMENTS READY TO COOK ITEMS. IT SAVES TIME AND ENERGY WHEN YOU ARE SHORT ON TIME AND WANT A HEALTHY MEAL.
Here’s to fall, Y’all!
- 16 ounces bagged ready to cook brussel sprouts
- 12 ounces cubed and ready to cook butternut squash
- 3 slices of prosciutto, diced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons aged Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place Brussels in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Remove and place in a large bowl.
- Add butternut squash, prosciutto, and cranberries to the Brussels.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, olive oil, and vinegar.
- Pour over vegetables in the bowl.
- Salt and pepper to taste and toss to coat.
- Roast for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Serve in a medium sized bowl.
- Squeeze fresh lemon over bowl and enjoy!