Traveling is definitely on the agenda for my family this summer. If you keep up with my Recipe Redux posts, you might have noticed my Travelin’ Trail Mix from last month. The July theme for the Recipe Redux is, ironically, travel snacks or mini meals for people on the go. This family is definitely on the go this summer. We are actually moving. As I sit here and type, I am on the floor of my bedroom with no furniture typing on a plastic box. If you are wondering what is in my pantry, you can take a look.
They wouldn’t pack opened packages so I did have my ingredients for pancakes. I always have peanut butter and jelly around. It’s my go to food for travel or any day of the week. I have eaten peanut butter and pancakes for a very long time. I wanted to make it fun for my kids, so I made them into tacos. You can use any fruit or no fruit at all. They are quite portable and make incredible snacks.
- Gluten Free Almond Pancakes, 3 in diameter
- Natural Peanut Butter (natural, as in ingredients are salt and peanuts)
- Organic fruit preserves
- Fresh fruit, bananas or blueberries
- Make pancakes per directions and make them 3 inches in diameter.
- Once done and cooled, add around a tablespoon of peanut butter per pancake.
- Add 1 tsp organic fruit preserves.
- Fold over into taco form.
- If deserved, place fresh fruit on top.